Join Our Team
All jobs are located in Mannington, NJ.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Gary Green at firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Desk Technician
3 years minimum experience in a technical support role! (Previous IT Service Provider experience a plus). When you respond include your salary range requirements or you will not be considered!
This position is primarily responsible for the resolution of customer support requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to customers support requests in manner that is consistent with company SLA.
- Support and troubleshooting of information technology resources including, but not limited to: workstations, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware/software.
- Installation, troubleshooting, and basic usage support of Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Support and troubleshooting basic network connectivity issues.
- Basic awareness regarding the support, implementation, and use of remote access solutions including but not limited to: VPN, Terminal Services, Citrix, ScreenConnect, and TeamViewer.
- Thoroughly document customer interactions and support resolutions in the ticketing systems.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or maintenance outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- Effectively manage customer expectations in order to improve perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Properly document and escalate support requests as required.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses into the ticketing/CMS to ensure proper documentation and timely billing.
- Complete training modules/roadmaps as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft: Windows \ Office suite \ business applications
- Intermediate understanding of networking devices and associated peripherals
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair hardware and software
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Knowledge of NAble, ConnectWise, and ScreenConnect a plus