Join Our Team
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Gary Green at email@example.com
Field Technician Level II
Department: Service Desk
Reports to: Service Desk Manager
The Field Technician II is responsible for all onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, to include workstations, servers, printers, networks, security cameras, VoIP phones and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, Windows 10, Office, etc.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, firewall installations, PC/Laptop installs and service, security camera installation and service, VoIP installations and service.
- Remote access solution implementation and support with guidance from the Network Engineer: VPN, Terminal Services, etc.
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations in to ITGlue.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them ofimpending changes or agreed outages
- Must pass a FBI fingerprint background check and drug screen. This is essential for our client base and a clean record is a requirement!
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
- Install Security Cameras, configure firewalls for access, hang TVs on walls, etc
- Attend computer-based training to get certified on VoIP platform then program and install VoIP phones at customer locations. Train end users on basic functionality of phones.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
- Participate in after hours on-call rotation. (1 week every 6-8 weeks.)
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP is preferred.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
Company and Position Benefits:
- Salary is negotiable relating to skill level.
- Company vehicle and gas card will be assigned after probationary period.
- 4 Day work week (4 – 10 hour days)
- Paid Lunch break
- Paid Day off on your Birthday
- 13 Paid Time Off days
- Paid Holidays Health Insurance (75% of premium paid by Company)
- Life Insurance (100% of premium paid by Company)